Before you check Golden Visa Status, you should know it is of two types, and accordingly, the methods vary!
- Check Golden Visa Application Status Online
- Check Golden Visa Status for Students
Check Golden Visa Status Online
To check the Golden visa application status in UAE:
- Open the ICP website in your browser
- Input the Golden Visa request number and email address
- Fill in ReCaptcha and tap the Search button
Check Golden Visa Status for Students
To check Golden Student Visa Status in UAE:
- Open the link in your browser
- Enter the Emirates ID and check
But you can apply only if your kid has scored 95% or higher in the corresponding academic year!
Eligibility for Golden Visa in UAE
1. Investors and Business Owners
- Individual investors having at least Dh2 million in the UAE can apply for a 10-year Golden Visa without a sponsor.
- The investment can be in accredited UAE investment funds. Or even a commercial or industrial license with a company having paid-up capital of Dh2 million. Besides, if the individual owns a company in the UAE and pays an annual tax of Dh250,000 to the Federal Tax Authority.
- Spouses and dependents can also be included in the application.
2. Property Owners
- Individuals who own properties worth Dh2 million or more in the UAE can apply for a 5-year Golden Visa. However, their properties shouldn’t be under loan.
- If the properties are under a loan, they are still eligible for the visa. But should they have at least Dh2 million of their equity in the property.
3. Retired Foreigners
Retired foreigners at least 55 years old with either a Dh1 million investment or an income of Dh15,000 per month can apply.
4. Researchers, Specialists, and Creative Individuals
Researchers in science, doctors, specialists, scientists, inventors, and creative individuals in culture and art are eligible to apply.
5. Specialized Talents
Specialized talented individuals may be granted a 10-year Golden Visa.
6. Outstanding Students
Outstanding students in recognized schools and universities in or outside the UAE can apply for long-term residency visas. For it, their score should be 95% or higher in the corresponding academic year.
Eligible individuals can apply for the Golden Visa through the website of the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs, and Port Security (ICP).
How Much Time Does It Take for the Golden Visa Approval?
The UAE Golden Visa approval process usually takes up to 48 hours after submitting all the required documents. Once your visa is canceled and a medical evaluation is completed, you will get it within 3-5 working days.
Benefits of a Golden Visa in UAE
The Golden Visa in UAE offers the following benefits:
- A 10-year renewable residence visa.
- No need for a sponsor or employer.
- No limitation on the duration of stay outside the UAE; the visa won’t be canceled even if the holder stays abroad for more than six months.
- The visa extends to family members, including spouses and children, without age restrictions.
- There is no maximum limit for domestic workers’ visas or work permits.
The UAE’s Golden Visa program offers various pathways to long-term residency for investors, property owners, retirees, researchers, and outstanding students.
Applicants can check their visa status online through the ICP website, and approval usually takes up to 48 hours after submitting all necessary documents.
The Golden Visa provides numerous benefits, including extended residence, no sponsor requirements, and the inclusion of family members. It is a valuable opportunity for individuals seeking to establish themselves in the UAE for the long term.
What is the Student Golden Visa Program in UAE?
The UAE’s Student Golden Visa Program enables students who scored 95% or more inside or outside the UAE to apply for long-term residency visas.
Parents of children selected for the Student Golden Visa can initiate the application process at any TAMM Service Center or Tas-heel Center. Alternatively, they can apply online through the Federal Authority for Identity & Citizenship website (ICA).
Why is it taking so long for my visa to be approved?
Visa approvals may take longer due to additional security and background clearances based on your citizenship, connections to specific countries, or field of study. These checks can take several weeks to months to complete, and unfortunately, there’s no way to expedite the process.
What is the total cost of a UAE golden visa?
The UAE Golden Visa, also known as the Dubai Golden Visa, will cost AED 2,800 to AED 3,800 for candidates already in the UAE. For applicants from outside the UAE, the cost is between AED 3,800 and AED 4,800. AED is the currency of Dubai.