What is Jumma Mubarak?
Jumu’ah means “the gathering of people,” which is derived from jama’a, whereas Mubarak means blessed/happy/good.
Jumu’ah Mubarak translates as “happy Friday” in English and can be interpreted as “blessed Friday.”
In traditional Muslim greetings, Jumu’ah refers to the holiest day of the week when congregational prayers are offered on Fridays.
Islam considers Friday to be a celebration in its own right, so Muslims wear clean clothes, bathe, and eat special food on Friday.
People pray on Fridays in the afternoon and wish Jumu’ah Mubarak to each other as part of Islamic tradition.
What is Jumma Mubarak in Arabic?
جمعة مبارك – The term Jumma is an Urdu word, meaning Friday. It is often used in Pakistan and India. The term ‘mubarak’ in Arabic and Urdu means ‘blessed’ or ‘blessing’.
How to Reply for Jumma Mubarak?
As this day has its own importance in the Islamic religion, Muslims wish each other Jumu’ah Mubarak or Blessed Friday when they go to the Mosque and make a special prayer on that day.
When someone wishes “Jummah Mubarak”, Muslims generally just reply back with the same sentence “Jummah Mubarak”.
Benefits of Fridays
Narrated Abu Hurairah (R.A): Allah’s Messenger (Peace Be Upon Him) talked about Friday and said:
“There is an hour on Friday And if a Muslim gets it while offering Salat and asks something from Allah Almighty, then Allah will definitely fulfill his demands and Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) pointed out the shortness of that particular time with his hands”.[Sahih al-Bukhari]
In the Holy Quran, Allah Almighty explains the importance and etiquettes of Friday Prayer as follows:
“O ye who believe! When the call is proclaimed to prayer on Friday (the Day of Assembly), hasten earnestly to the Remembrance of Allah, and leave off business (and trade): That is best for you if you only knew!”
The Holy Prophet (SAW) said:
“The best day the sun rises over is Friday; on it Allah created Adam. On it, he was made to enter paradise, on it he was expelled from it, and the Last Hour will take place on no other day than Friday”
Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said:
“If anyone performs Wudu (ablution) properly, then comes to the Friday prayer, listens to the Khutba attentively and keeps silent, his (minor) sins between the Friday and the following Friday will be forgiven, with the addition of three more days; but he who touches pebbles has caused an interruption.”
Prophet (SAW) said: “
On (the day of) Jummah is an hour during which Allah gives to a Muslim servant standing in prayer whatever he asks for.”
In the hereafter those who are in paradise will see their Lord on Friday. In Holy Quran Allah says:
“Allah will appear to them on the day of Jummah.”
Abu Darda’ reported Allah’s Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying:
If anyone learns by heart the first ten verses of the Surat Al-Kahf, he will be protected from the Dajjal.
(Sahih muslim Book 004, Hadith 1766)
Abu Sa’id al-Khudri reports that the Prophet SAW said:
“Whoever recites Surat Al-Kahf on Jumu’ah will have illumination from the light from one Jumu’ah to the next.”
(an-Nasa’i, al-Baihaqi, and al-Hakim)
Aws ibn Aws reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:
“Verily, the best of your days is Friday. Adam was created on it, on it he died, on it the trumpet will be blown, and on it the shout will be made. Thus, send blessings upon me often, for your blessings are presented to me.”
They said, “O Messenger of Allah, how are our blessings presented to you after you have decayed?”
The Prophet said,
“Verily, Allah Almighty has forbidden the earth from consuming the bodies of the prophets.”
Jumma Mubarak Dua
- Wishing you a peaceful and blessed Jumma. May your prayers be answered today!
- May Allah bestow his unconditional blessings on every Muslim. Jumma Mubarak!
- Happy Jummah to you and your family. You may fill this precious day with the blessings of Allah and fill your heart with satisfaction!
- Jumma Mubarak to you! Wishing you peace and harmony on this day.
- Happy Jumma to you! Ask Allah for forgiveness today!
- All I wish is that every Jummah prayer brings you a sense of peace, joy, and forgiveness from Allah, strengthening your faith in Him. Jumma Mubarak.
- God be merciful to you, and may this holy day be a blessing for you. Jumma Mubarak!
- On this day of mercy, may Allah pardon each and every one of us for all of our wrongdoings, no matter how small or how large. Jumma Mubarak to all.
- Jummah Mubarak! Wishing you and your family a blessed and blissful Jumma.
Jumma Mubarak Images & Friday Reminder
Virtues of Friday Prayer
In honor of this blessed day, you should perform the following good deeds:
- One of the good deeds that Allah loves the most is going to the mosque early and waiting for the prayers to begin in the mosque
- Alms, charity, and giving in the name of Allah are considered noble acts.
- Be gracious to your parents.
- Friday is a day of great reward and blessings when one recites Surah Kahf.
- One of the good deeds is listening to Friday Sermon.
Jumu’ah mubarak wishes, however, are discouraged by some Ulama (not only because they are sometimes incorrectly interpreted based on Islamic law) but also because they are a growing trend.
Frequently today, Jumuah Mubarak text messages are sent. Many of these messages are not authentic. People forwarded these messages because they sounded good, regardless of whether they were inaccurate.
Leave a reply